How to improve Kibosh Router 2.0 Wireless Range
Without having to mess with range extenders.
The Kibosh 2.0 Router has 4 internal antennas, more than the average. However, these antenna are internal which mitigates their power. You will get much better signal range if they were external.
Adding external antenna is fairly easy and inexpensive easy to do.
How to add external antenna:
- Buy a 2 antenna upgrade kit ($9.00) from Amazon
- You can add 2 external antenna or 4. If you want 4 then buy two of the above.
- Power down, and remove the top of the Kibosh Router
- Use a putty knife and gently lift up, moving the position a little each time
- Attach the antenna whips to the receptors on the router-board (see Image # 1)
- Snap the lid back in place.
You will notice a big difference in Wi-Fi range with the external antenna. Enjoy.
TIP: Once you have the external antenna mounted to the router case, you can then upgrade the antenna even more with any RP-SMA external antenna:
- Alfa APA-M25 Dual Band 2.4GHz/5GHz 10dBi high gain Directional Indoor Panel Antenna with RP-SMA Connector
- Eightwood Dual WiFi Antenna with RP-SMA Male Connector, 2.4GHz 5GHz Dual Band Antenna
Image # 1
This router-board has 2 external antenna whips attached, and 2 open whip receptacles (upon which 2 more whips could be attached).