Go to Global Dashboard > Manage Device > Upgrade Firmware
Upgrade to a new firmware release, or re-install for troubleshooting.
If there is a new firmware available it will say “There is a new firmware for your device”
Otherwise it will say “The Kibosh firmware on your device is up to date”
FAQ: you do not have to be at home or connected directly to the Kibosh Router.
FAQ: you can update the firmware even if it’s the same version.
FAQ: you can update the firmware many times without hurting the router.
How to update firmware:
- Click Upgrade Firmware if you want to preserve your existing settings.
- Click Upgrade Firmware, Clearing All Device Settings for a ‘restore to factory’ type update.
- Wait five minutes post update before using the router again.
- If you run a ping you can watch the router restart
- Note: the krn600 Wi-Fi will disappear and then reappear a few times (so wait five minutes)
- Reconnect to your Kibosh Router
- Wi-Fi will be back to default: krn600 / krn_5g_600
- Password to join: abcd0001
- Go to Global Dashboard > Manage Device > Update Firmware and make sure your “…device is up to date.”
NOTE: Connected Hosts will not show real device names for a few hours post firmware update. You can expedite this by restarting the device which will force it to check in.