All Kibosh appliances have an operating system and can be upgrade, or re-installed. You would do this to access new features, or troubleshoot an issue.
NOTE: Once the firmware update is complete your wireless network will be: krn600 and the password to join abcd0001.
How to update your Kibosh appliance firmware:
Work time approx 5 – 15 min.
- Download the latest Kibosh firmware to your PC
- Log into your Kibosh at http://192.168.10.1
- Go to System > Update Firmware
- Select the firmware you just downloaded
- Do not try to preserve settings.
- Select Upgrade Now
- Select OK to ‘this will erase…’
- NOTE: The upgrade will take no more than 5 minutes. Watch the upgrade status in your browser, refreshing the page every two minutes.
- After the upgrade is complete, on your PC device look for the wireless network krn600 and join this network using the password ‘abcd0001‘.
- If you don’t see the wireless network krn600 after 5 minutes manually reboot the device, wait 3 minutes, and krn600 should appear.
- Having connected to krn600 wireless network, open a browser to http://192.168.10.1
- Log in with using the password ‘password’
- The first time you log in you’ll be presented with a setup page asking for this information:
- Set a new password
- Enter your KRMU ID: (it’s labeled underneath your router)
- Enter your Connectivity Code: (same as your KRMU ID – in all caps)
- (optional) Enter an email address
- Set your timezone
- Save Settings
- Go to www.info.com and do a search for abcd1234. If everything was successful you will receive a Success Kibosh Online message.