Although most administration can and should be done from https://myfilter.kibosh.net, you can optionally remotely access your Kibosh appliance directly. The benefit of this is having access to all advanced router features.
KRMU = Kibosh Router Management Utility
Step 1: How to enable remote KRMU access:
- Log into your Kibosh at http://192.168.10.1
- Go to System > Status
- On the status page look for the WAN IP Address. If the WAN IP Address starts with ’10.’ , ‘192.168.’, or ‘172.’ then this WAN IP is private, and you’ll need to complete Step 2 below because your Kibosh router is behind a primary router.
- Go to System > Router Access
- Enable Remote Web Admin Access and select HTTP
- Set the Remote HTTP port to 8080 (or 8888, 8181, etc)
- Save Changes
- Go to Status > Overview and write down the WAN IP
Now you can open any web browser and type in the following URL to administer the KRMU:
NOTE: This URL will only work when not connected to the Kibosh routers LAN. For remote (outside the home / office) administration use MyFilter.