Good news! DuckDuckGo.com has been added to our list of SafeSearch enforced search engines:
This means that, for all Kibosh customers, DuckDuckGo.com will always be in Safe mode (it will never display pornographic websites / images, or even allow the searching for said content). No matter what device, no matter what browser (Chrome, FireFox, Safari, etc). Same goes for Bing, Google, and Info.
This is a big deal because DDG is right behind Google as the worlds most popular search engine, and gaining rapidly. You’ll hear more about DDG in the news going forward.
Why is DuckDuckGo gaining on Google?
- Google tracks everything you do.
- DDG tracks nothing, and even helps make you anonymous.
- Google returns only Google results and geo-locates those
- DDG gets its results from over one hundred sources, including DuckDuckBot (their own crawler), crowd-sourced sites (like Wikipedia, which are stored in their own index), Yahoo! (through BOSS), Yandex, WolframAlpha, and Bing.
- Google follows you around with ads (which they can do because you’re being tracked)
- DDG does not, and you can even turn ads off
- DDG has a clean UI and cool logo, like Google.
- People don’t like Google
DuckDuckGo has become so popular it’s built into browsers as one of the defaults: Google, Yahoo, Bing, DuckDuckGo, so it’s easy to enable.