Windows 8 and 10 ship without the classic Start button we’re all used to. If you’re frustrated with Windows 8 / 10, it’s because this button is missing. Once it’s back in place Windows 8 / 10 really isn’t bad.
How to replace the Windows Start button:
- Click here to download Classic Shell (free) on your Windows 10 computer(s)
- Run the downloaded classicshellsetup…exe
- Click on the Windows logo where the Start Button should be:
- Choose ‘Use Classic Shell’
- Pick your new Start button design – Aero is good. You can always change this later.
5. Enjoy your new Windows Start button!